Alexandria Morris <33

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Best Memory.

What's the best memory you've ever had?

I've had many memories that can never be forgotten, and I'd love to share one.

It was hardly the best but it was nevertheless worth etching deep.
___

I could never forget how many times I looked at the mirror that night. I unconsciously kept on brushing my hair, again and again, making sure that I was looking as best as I could. Since I had no time for shower and all I could do was to put on my best appearance with, sadly - my totally unflattering pyjamas.

I couldn't help smiling to myself, having all the fluttering and nauseated sensation felt in my stomach. I felt it all night long, when I was looking at my own reflection, when I was answering the phone, when I was in the lift, even when I stood out of my entrance door waiting for...

And there I saw him walking towards me. It was dark and even though I could only see his silhouette against the dark background, I felt my stomach churning, like everything in it was crying out even louder to me than before and it was about to explode.

Our first night meeting, we talked, me lying on the carpet and him on the sofa. It was reserved, and even though it wasn't the best conversation we've had, I remember everything clearly. The husk smell of cigarettes, accompanied by Jim Beam Colas and a cheap red wine, and the soft action movie that was left playing on the television.

The next best thing that I could remember was when we found ourselves on the bed talking and staring in each other's eyes. We were in an empty room, a bed, a simple wardrobe, a computer and a table for it. His small but endearing eyes, that cheeky grin, the soft and the most affectionate kiss that we shared was what that left me smiling as I fell asleep in his arms.

I woke up in the same pair of arms, and the first thing I saw was him with the morning glow casting on him as the curtains were drawn slightly.

I like to believe that, that was a brief moment when I felt in love, even though then we didn't know much of each other. But maybe the simplicity of it all, the absence of complexity and detail - that was what made it the most beautiful memory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home