Alexandria Morris <33

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sarcasm.

Don't be so judgemental by saying that anyone who is being sarcastic has the lowest sense of humour. Oh come on, I think there's nothing more beautiful than sarcasm. I use them all the time, and I think everyone does. It just depends on their frequency and level of sarcasm. A lot of people hate it when someone else are being sarcastic when he/she doesn't even realise that sometimes they still uses irony to convey their contempt. Well, isn't that a part of sarcasm as well?

My boyfriend never hated sarcasm until he met me. I use them in our daily conversations. He was okay with it at first until I started using them when we are quarrelling. I use them for defence, to find his weakness in the conversation. Well, you can't win until you bring someone down, right? Everytime we have an arguement and I'm lost for words, I'd always start being sarcastic and which usually I'll end up winning. Which of course, only until he started using the same trick as me.

When we are being sarcastic, we are just trying to sneer or mock you around. We don't mean any harm. But some people just take it too personally. And if we hit the wrong buttons, we really didn't mean it. Even if we put sarcasm in our every sentences, we also meant no harm.

There are sarcasm that you often use but you probably don't realise it has a little sense of sarcasm in it. It's like when you say "I could care less"! That statement means that it is possible for you to care less, meaning that you at least care a little. But when you say it, you actually really mean to say that you actually don't fucking care anyway.

Or like when you think everyone knows, for example, Mr. Blahblahblah. And you happen to ask your girlfriend about this Mister, and you girlfriend just go, "who the hell is that?". I know how you'd react you'll sarcasticly say, "How could you not know Mr Blahblahblah?" Urgh, okay so I agree a little, sometimes it can get a little annoying. I hate it too when people do that and unfortunately my boyfriend loves to do that to me. Damnit.

By no means do I consider myself intellectually superior to you by writing this entry about sarcasm. Even though sarcasm usually requires a quick wit, and the ability to extract the minutest points of weakness in a conversation. I was just hoping that people can actually appreciate sarcasm. Grin if you need to, if a good sarcasm is uttered. Especially when you're with someone who probably has extreme sarcasm built into their brains from birth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home