Alexandria Morris <33

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Walking Away.

She walked towards the car as she was told. There he was with his sunglasses on, sitting and smoking up his cigarette, his face full of anger. The memory of the conversation must have still vexed him.

"We're done here", she said. But as soon as she said those words, she wished she could take it back. She turns around and walked furiously away from him. Though her legs kept pulling her away, she knew that deep down, he was all that she wanted. Even though she is still exasperated by his silence, she knew she didn't want to lose him. One step, two step, and she was still hoping that he would somehow chase after her, three step, and then four step. But he didn't.

She turns around and ran back to where the car was parked earlier on. But now, the car's gone. He's gone. The love of her life's gone, and maybe he'll be gone forever. She felt the whole world crushed down on her. Tears start streaming down to her cheeks. Her legs felt weak as she kept running and mouthing his name. "Don't go. Please. Come back". But she know that he can no longer hear her, but she kept repeating it like a mantra. She was miserably desperate.

Its true when they say, you'll never miss the water 'till the well runs dry. She hated herself, she regretted everything she said to him. As she was running, she thought it might be all just a dream. She wants to wake up so bad, but she realised after, that she won't be dreaming if she can think that it is a dream. So it is true. He has left her all alone on that lonely side of the road. She might have walked out on him, but she didn't mean it. She never meant for everything to end up like that.

She wanted another chance, because she could never love a person like how she loved him.

But was it too late? Because now that he's gone. Was it too late? Because all she can do is say "I'm sorry" but he can't hear her no more.
___

Sometimes you feel like you can't take it anymore, and you think that breaking up is the only solution. But sometimes its wrong, because running away would hurt you even more. I've been there because that girl was me. I've learnt so much from that wounding experience. I could never be the girl who only thinks about herself. The girl that acts a decision without thinking twice, or even thrice. I could never want to lose him again. Since I've been given another chance, I could not possibly harm our relationship again. And like I've said before, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. I guess now, our relationship is stronger than ever.

Although now everytime I walk past that side of the road, I'd shiver in fear and my tears would unconsciously well up in my eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home